Friday, May 28, 2010

Life


Life has been a bit hectic lately. Too many things to be done, too many responsibilities to be carried out and too many goals to be achieved. No matter what, I am trying to do my best, keeping in mind that I will never be able to satisfy and please everybody. As what I have always told my students, if you feel that you are not happy now, you will find that you will never be happy in your life forever. This is so true since each stage of life offers different way of challenges and problems. We have to enjoy our lives as they are and be happy with what we have. Of course as normal human beings, there are a lot of things that we are not satisfied with, a lot of things that we wish we could have and a lot of things that we wish are meant for us BUT we cannot deny the fact that Allah knows the best and He gives the best to all of us. Throughout my life, I have encountered many circumstances and incidents that prove Allah is the best planner ever. We might not be able to see the 'hikmah' and reason out the misfortune when we are still in the trials and tribulations, but once it is over, we will see the miracle in His planning. Among those things that I can still vividly remember are:

1. My beloved father passed away when I was still young, at the age of 14. His death was a total shock to me and the whole family. Our lives became difficult and money was our main problem. With my own eyes, I saw my mom struggled to make a living. I was taught the meaning of patience, strength and sacrifice by the real life experience and due to that I have matured very fast. Those values are embedded in me even until now and have become my life principle ever since.

2. I failed to enter any IPTA for my first application after I have finished my SPM. I applied for Hotel and Catering course in Uitm (ITM). I was devastated that time but now I know if only I got that course, I will never be an English lecturer as I have always wanted to be and as I am now.

3. I was jobless for 10 months after rejecting the posting by KPM to teach in Sabah. ( I really wanted to go there but couldn't have the heart to let my mom down). That was also among the most difficult phases in my life and I cried almost every day! But again Allah is great, I was posted to Kolej Matrikulasi Pulau Pinang which has just been officially opened. I might not be given this chance if I was already teaching in Sabah. Instead of being a teacher, I am a lecturer here with a lot of privileges and benefits! Syukur ya Allah.

4. I got married at the age of 28, which is considered a bit late maybe. I used to have quite-special-friends before but the relationship didn't go further. I am totally glad and syukur Alhamdulillah that I don't have any jodoh with any of them. If not, I will never be able to marry this lovely man, my husband Norrizal Abdul Razak. He is very special in his own way and I love him beyond words. And one thing for sure, I know none of the quite-special-friends that I had before could love me as how my husband does.

Well, there is still a long way to go. May Allah help me in every possible way to make my life smoother, easier and happier with my loved ones. Thank you Allah for everything that you have bestowed upon me. My life, my death and my 'ibadah' are only for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?